1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is pretty funny: annoying Facebook people

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Feb 24, 2012.

1. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

One of my friends posts so many pictures of her kid that I actually feel bad for her.

Signed,
    Guy who posts entirely too many photos of his cat sleeping

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Don't forget the guy or gal who posts regularly about their children's school activities, latest piece of artwork, report cards, Little League exploits, good deeds, etc.

Give me the checking-in poster any day over that.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The every-minutiae-of-a-workout poster is the one I want to punch in the face.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Guy I went to high school with, who is also Guy-Who-Is-Way-Too-In-Love-With-His-Girlfriend-On-Facebook-Guy ("I have the best girlfriend in the whole world. Today, she surprised me with a peanut butter and jelly sammich at work. I am truly blessed to have you in my life!!!!") checked-in, with his girlfriend, to their bedroom, this weekend. If I didn't like my laptop as much as I do, I'd have tossed the motherfucker off a wall.

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Or the Little League parent who updates the game every half-inning. Not just in one thread, but a complete new post for the entire game. Stop. It.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

And...I have one FB friend who has posted, at least twice, photos of his fragrance collection, neatly arranged on mirrored shelves.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The Facebook Paranoia People are a little much. A friend of mine is dating a new guy and I asked her how it was going through a wall post; she asked me somewhat tersely to immediately delete it, just in case the guy checked her wall. Maybe I'm an oaf about such things, but that seems like too much overthinking.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The sad thing is people think this might be interesting to their FB friends. You can tell by the exclamation points.

I may post a goofy music video at drunk-thirty in the morning, but I'm not laboring under the delusion that it is interesting to anyone other than myself.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This thread would be more interesting with more people admitting to who they are and not just complaining about people they know.

< "it doesn't get any better, but it does" guy

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

What about the people who go on great vacations, then complain about it.

"I just got back from two weeks in Italy, and now I have to do four loads of laundry. Ugh!"

Actually, the "ugh" person in another annoying FB poster.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm the guy who only posts on Facebook to insult my friends. I'm also the guy who only speaks in real life to insult my friends.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I hate to be a one-upper, but check out this fb post. It combines ridiculous little league exploits, *with* a check in.

Watching (son) play baseball...had a great over the shoulder catch in foul territory — at (check in) baseball field.

Mind you, this is a 13 year old... in a winter league game in February....

Draft saved Draft deleted