1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is pretty funny: annoying Facebook people

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Feb 24, 2012.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Anyone who "checks in" anywhere is a self-absorbed loser. Period. No one gives a fuck where you are every given moment of the day. No one. Unless you have a stalker, and "checking in" simply gives that asshole a GPS system to follow you. One friend went to Disney this summer and "checked in" on every fucking ride at the park. I was rooting for someone "check in" at his house and burlgarize it.

2. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Blows my mind any putz would think his friends care what he just had for dinner.
    You want to eat? Work out? Go to the bar? Have sex? Cook dinner? Drop a deuce?
    Do it for God's sakes and leave me the eff out of it.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Holy Christ, this.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Amen.

One friend of mine "checks in" to McDonald's, Wal-Mart and other lowbrow places. At first I thought he was mocking the entire concept, but I don't think he's that witty.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dude, you get points for that shit. I check in at four different places on my drive to work when I take I-75. :D

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And those points get you?

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

That article missed one kind of person that I think everyone on Facebook knows at least one of: 35-year-old-guy/girl whose posts come across as if they were posted by a 22-year-old. I know two of those kind of people; they're both cousins who just don't get it, even after being married and having kids.

Sample post: "Going out with my girlz 2night to get my gin-n-juice on!" (Except that I know she doesn't make any money, so replace "gin-n-juice" with "Natty Light.")

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

According to a friend who does it all the time, you get discounts at certain places.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

What's up with nicknames in your name? I saw one with the name Julia Stillzontop Haz2kidz Bell.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

There are places that give discounts for multiple check-ins.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm Facebook profanity guy.

Once in a while, I get a note from someone saying, "Hey, my kids read my FB page, can you cut down on the swearing?"

Fuck off.

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I once had a friend whose only FB posts were ones telling who/whatever he was pissed off at to fuck off. I didn't unfriend him because of the profanity. I unfriended him because it was all he ever said.

Draft saved Draft deleted