1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is pretty funny: annoying Facebook people

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Feb 24, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The one missing element of this story: People that go overboard on politics/religion.
    Unless you work for a politician, keep your crazy right/left wing thoughts to a minimum.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I've found that I use the "Hide so and so posts" or whatever that button is way more in the last year or so.

3. JackReacher

All of you know at least one of these people on Facebook....

http://www.jest.com/video/1255/girl-makes-the-same-face-in-every-picture

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, duckface.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I didn't know we had the same cousin.

6. spikechiquet

We should compare notes. LOL

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

That's the thing, they do post a new post every single time. If they posted and then commented on that post 30 times, no big deal. But no, these people end up doing dozens of separate posts over the course of an event.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I readily admit to being Post Your Dog Guy. I dig my dog, my friends know that. I also use my account to pimp one of our stories every day, though now and then I'll slip in a second "bonus" read of the day.

I'm not going to rip anyone for posting what they post. It is THEIR page and, as Sonner noted, there are ways to hide it and remain friends.

But, yeah, some of it is funny shit (just wow, I think, as I post ANOTHER picture of my dog)

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Add the Diehard Runner Guy (or girl). They're in training or just ran in something and have to tell every detail about how much they ran, how their feet hurt, how much it was raining, etc. I'm not in that cult yet somehow I ended up with 15 friends that are complete running freaks.

This is the close relative of Workout Guy (or girl), who mostly posts about the gym. Look at me, I checked into Acme Fitness at 5:30 a.m.!

10. JackReacher

Most people, at one time or another, fall into "annoying Facebook poster" mode. I'd hope it's OK to be a little bit hypocritical about Facebook, unless you're really one of those over-the-top people who have come to be the definition of "annoying Facebook poster". Like Moddy's dog pictures. :)

I know I can be annoying with some of the shit I post on Facebook. That won't stop me from making fun of other annoying people, though.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Since I am very allergic to dogs, I look at Moddy's dog as the pet I can't have! Although I usually skip the stories about the craptastic Redsskins and Capitals since we have our own shitty hockey and football teams here to read about! :)

And my kid is in my profile pic because he is much better looking than his old man!

12. spikechiquet

I have a former coworker who posts when he lifts and always starts with:
    "Getting my swole on I--I I--I"
    ...and this is his WORK page!

Draft saved Draft deleted