1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Is Piss Poor Coverage From The Dallas Morning News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shawn-o-meter, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Devin,

He's definitely not rouge. One can't blush if one doesn't know to be embarrassed.

2. Devin

Devin Member

What are you talking about, dude? You can't come on here talking smack about a newspaper like the Dallas Morning News without knowledge of the situation.

Were you in the newsroom making those decisions? For you to throw out the race card and then hide behind some letter you got from an upset fan is classless.

If you are a journalist, you have a lot to learn about how to conduct yourself.

Man up and stand behind what you post.I don't care if this is a message board or not.

Do you not realize that people in the journalism community frequent this site? I'm sure they don't want to read some irrational account of some guy who does not have his facts, opinions or lies straight.

It offends everyone in journalism as a whole.

This has got to be the most pathetic display I've seen on a message board in a minute.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is a slippery slope here. If you apologize for him, then we're going to have to apologize for Mitch Albom and Skip Bayless. Nobody wins.

4. Devin

Devin Member

You are right. I rarely post in this site. I just like to sit back and read some of the comments on certain issues in and around journalism. It has been fun.

But this poster is wrong on so many levels that I had to chime in.

Does this set young black journalists back 100 years? I hope it doesn't because I want to move up in the business one day.

5. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

It sets back the SWAC 100 years.

6. shawn-o-meter

shawn-o-meter New Member

Well, I see I just keep getting piled on for an opinion I don't have. I guess having a different perspective is frowned upon here.

7. Devin

Devin Member

I came across a story Saturday night about the Southern University women's basketball team turning down an invite to the WNIT due to financial reasons.

Has that happened before?

Someone has to keep the SWAC discussion going. LOL

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Devin,

I was (gently) tweaking you for typing "rouge" when I think you meant "rogue." Best oops involving those words since a dateline of BATON ROGUE appeared in a gamer on a national site.

:)

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That was a Freudian slip/foreshadowing by AP

10. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

Did you know UConn lost a lot of money by playing in a bowl game this year?

11. Devin

Devin Member

Oh, thanks for the heads up (that I missed). I was just typing much too fast in that post. Sorry about that.

12. Devin

Devin Member

Yes. But I really wanted to know if a school had ever turned down an NIT bid due to financial reasons. That sounds rather odd. I don't follow college basketball that closely to know either way.

Draft saved Draft deleted