1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Is Piss Poor Coverage From The Dallas Morning News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shawn-o-meter, Mar 13, 2011.

1. shawn-o-meter

shawn-o-meter New Member

I'm not throwing any woman under the bus. Quite frankly I don't care about the SWAC tournament that much either.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Al Gore invented the Internet for threads like this.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You asked a very stupid question anyone who has had a modicum of experience in newspapers would laugh at and got a legitimate, well thought out breakdown from Batman as to why it didn't get more coverage.

Then you played the race card.

You are a moron, a troll, and you deserve to be treated far worse than those on this thread have treated you, actually.

And you can't even stand behind your idiotic statements. Gutless.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And yet you've:
    1) Come on here wondering why the DMN didn't run a SWAC tournament photo (which, apparently, it did).
    2) Made a comment about said photo not running because of the "white media" (I guess the "white devil" is sooooo 1980s) shuttling HBCUs to second-class status.
    3) Implied that said "white media" is full of racists (which, whether you realize it or not, is as offensive to white people as using the N-word is to blacks).
    4) When confronted with a host of valid reasons why the DMN would consider the SWAC Tournament second-tier on an extremely busy sports Saturday in the Metroplex, initially refused to accept them.
    5) When you finally realized you were in over your head and totally, completely wrong on the issue you come up with a lame "it wasn't me, man, it was some other people on another site" excuse.

I'm amazed you didn't leave tire marks on the ground, as fast as you backtracked on this one. Your facts are wrong, the people who inspired you to post about this are wrong (and probably didn't even read today's DMN) and you are wrong. You not only owe the folks at the DMN an apology, you owe it to everybody here and the profession.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

6. shawn-o-meter

shawn-o-meter New Member

I don't owe anyone anything on a message board. It's all conjecture here anyway for the most part. I take everything I consume on a message board with a grain of salt, whether it's an opinion or a fact.

I can't help that some folks are unable to open their minds and realize that there are groups of people out there who might feel a certain way about aspects of sports journalism.

So you can't say I or anyone else might be wrong for expressing displeasure with what they believe to them are injustices.

7. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

That's your best post so far, which isn't saying much. Too bad you started with an inaccuracy.

Speaking of that, your name should be shawon-o-meter.

8. Devin

Devin Member

Let me apologize on behalf of all black sports journalists and sports fans for the comments made by the author of this thread. I hope this does not make me an Uncle Tom as Jalen Rose would put it.

I hope this is one of those gag treads, though. This banter is rather funny.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The amount of self-inflicted damage by Dunston Typo since (in response to his PMs) I advised him to do himself a favor and just walk away is ... mind-boggling.

10. Devin

Devin Member

So this guy WAS NOT joking? Oh, crap. Hate that some people in the business like this exist.

All this time I was thinking this was some rouge troll.

11. shawn-o-meter

shawn-o-meter New Member

You might be an Uncle Tom in the eyes of some for apologizing to these people. What the hell do you have to prove on a message board?

Nobody has to take up for me or black journalists. And for folks to criticize my screen name are wrong. Have any of you geniuses ever thought that Shawn just might be the spelling of my name or someone I know?

12. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

No. It was called the Shawon-O-Meter. You are just wrong, and I think you are discriminatory toward people named Shawon.

Draft saved Draft deleted