1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"This is our country, this is our truck."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDub, Oct 29, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

NDub--A couple things:

1) Please start this thread every week, it gives the Thread Police something to get worked up about.

2) Made the painful mistake of seeing Mellencamp in concert last year--he looked like a fat leprechaun stuffed into circa 1986 black Members Only jeans with the gut hanging over the belt which was still buckled on the 1986 notch, about 50 lbs ago.

3) Commercial that I cannot stop laughing at: The 'Wanna Get Away?' ad where the guy puts the load of coins into the bank drivethru, and it shoots out of the machine and explodes all over the bank wall....priceless.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Look don't worry about it. Sportschick has no life. All she does is track threads and point out duplictes.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Even Bill Simmons thinks this ad is horrible...

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

That commercial is freakin' hilarious.

And I just used this post for my 2000th post.

::)

5. NDub

NDub Guest

Perry, what did Simmons say about this?

I wonder why there hasn't been an uproar or at least mention from more critics about this.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Mellencamp sang this song before the Indiana-Michigan State game on Saturday....with a group of about 100 IU fans singing the song as a chorus behind him. I kept waiting for Mellencamp to end the song by shouting "Buy Chevy" and blowing his brains out, but I wasn't that lucky.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

My apologies. Allow me to provide the first round, since you're such a veteran 'round these parts.

[​IMG]

We also have Ativan, Seconal, Ludes and various other sedatives and barbiturates to help you chill the fuck out, buddy.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Well, I was born in a small town...and I live in a small town...probably die in a small town *BLAM*"

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Next Sunday, I want to DVR every game and count the number of times that commercial plays. Just so long as I have the will power to do it, of course. Fast forwarding through that many commercial breaks would get old quick.

10. On the positive side, the ad with Christopher Guest as Nigel Tufnel is very funny.

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061025

12. Thinking seems to make Bill's head hurt again.

Draft saved Draft deleted