1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is only going to get worse: Attorneygate takes another twist

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jul 16, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

From the AP
    I'll let the legal scholars argue, but if true, it's time for Bush to go.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If Siegelman gets a new trial, then Richard Scrushy would get a new trial. And that rat-bastard needs to rot in a jail cell for every second of his sentence.

And am sure it's more than Bush.. remember, Alabama was Karl Rove's trial balloon in the new GOP... he used fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms to turn a state that was soundly Democratic into a GOP stronghold....

3. Alabama was long gone before Rove got there, but slap's right in a general sense. The Rover first practiced dirty tricks in a judicial campaign there.
    This is why all of this stuff is important. The DOJ as a political hit squad?
    Please.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I hope that outlasting this administration is as close as I come to doing hard time.

I mean, every time the Constitution drops the soap in the shower, there's Bush and Cheney.....

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Probably the definitive piece on how Rove got his start rigging elections:

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200411/green

6. Great get, Point.
    I remembered that piece too late.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

White House comment: YEEE-HAWWW!!!
    [​IMG]

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'm with slappy and agree that Scrushy should have his ass in jail for years and years to come.

But I can't help feeling sorry for Siegelman. Dude got the absolute shaft by being tied to Scrushy in that trial. Had they tried 'em seperately, Siegelman's case probably gets tossed after the prosecution presents its case.

They had nothing on those two. I had no problem with Scrushy going down -- that was a makeup.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Was the best makeup since OJ was convicted in the civil trial.
    But if Siegelman goes free, Scrushy does too in the second and last bite at the criminal apple.

10. A reminder...

[​IMG]

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

All the criminal-in-chief sees is the first letter....

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

...but he is secretly dyslexic and thinks it says "Me."

Draft saved Draft deleted