1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Is Not America

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Apr 2, 2008.

1. http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2008/04/memo_justified_warrantless_sur.php

Jesus, this guy would have drafted an opinion allowing Fredo to shoot people from the north portico.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Everything I've read about Yoo says that he pretty much thinks the constitution is so much two-ply Charmin.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

No-o. This is not . . .shalalalala

A little piece of you
    The little peace in me
    Will die
    For this is not america

Blossom falls to bloom
    This season
    Promise not to stare
    Too long
    For this is not a miracle

There was a time
    A storm that blew so pure
    For this could be the biggest sky
    And I could have
    The faintest idea

Snowman melting
    From the inside
    Falcon spirals
    To the ground
    So bloody red
    Tomorrows clouds

A little piece of you
    The little piece in me
    Will die
    For this is not america

There was a time
    A wind that blew so young
    For this could be the biggest sky
    And I could have the faintest idea

This could be the biggest sky
    This could be a miracle

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OK...Serious question here. I'm going to read up on it myself, but what's the opinion of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court? How secure would it be, from an intel standpoint?

The reason I ask is if it's a secure way to get the warrants without tipping off suspected terrorists, then why would anyone be against the need for these warrants?

5. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Because it's a check, it's a balance -- it gets in the way of the administration doing whatever it wants to do, with no oversight. Cheney has spent the better part of 40 years trying to remove accountability from the executive branch. By and large, he's succeeded.

6. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

That's the scary part. Cheney is one scary monster.

I always wonder if he knows the Super Secrets that you just can't tell the American people for reasons of intense national security, but then I take a piss and remember that he's just another corrupt bastard out to control the world for his own big, fat wallet.

DICK Cheney could't give a crap about you or I.

I can't wait until he's gone, gone, gone.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

This is exactly why people vote for Ron Paul.

8. AA --
    The FISA court -- and the FISA law -- is as secure as it gets. (It was a favorite bogeyman of people like me for a lot of years, before the current bunch of brigands got in there and made it look like something the ACLU designed.) First of all, FISA says nothing about calls originating outside the US that come into the US. Tap away, it says. Second, if the government thinks the circumstances are so dire that it needs a tap now, it can do so for 72 hours on its own BEFORE getting a warrant from the FISA court. Third, the court's proceedings are held in secret, it's membership are federal judges whose names are not known, and it never turns down a request for a warrant. I think it's done it twice since 1978.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I can envision Cheney looking out an airplane window with that motherfucking smirk on his face as nuclear holocaust takes place below.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Then why would anyone, especially someone who supports this administration, be against going the legal route to catch suspects?

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What fun is that?

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You people just aren't afraid enough to appreciate the need for more unchecked executive branch power. Haven't you been paying attention? We've been at code reddish orange for seven years now and you're just not getting the gravity of the situation. The Jack of Clubs is still out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted