1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is just wrong.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, May 8, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Now this is truly fu?ked up.
    NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) — A woman forced an 83-year-old housemate to smoke crack cocaine so she could steal personal information to get a credit card and run up more than $3,000 in charges, authorities said.
    Pasco County sheriff’s investigators accused Theresa M. Stanley-Morgan, 41, of getting the older woman to smoke the drug at least twice to make it easier to exploit her financially.
    Stanley-Morgan was arrested April 28. She admitted to investigators that she used Shirley Hathaway’s name, birth date and Social Security number to open the account, a sheriff’s report said.
    Hathaway and a witness told investigators that Stanley-Morgan forced Hathaway to smoke a lit crack pipe, the report said.
    Stanley-Morgan was in jail Monday on $23,000 bail, charged with criminal use of personal identification, use of another person’s ID without permission and retail theft, according to jail records. Records did not indicate if she had a lawyer.
    The sheriff’s office said more charges were pending and asked the court not to reduce her bail.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

How is that wrong?

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Morally, provably and demonstrably wrong.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Please stay on topic.

The topic is smoking crack

boots is trying to tell us all something.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

OK, I guess it is.

Seriously, a special place in hell for that lady. My grandother is 83 ad if I found out someone did that to her, the cops better find them before I do.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

[​IMG]

Hmmmmmkay?

7. boots

boots New Member

Here is the full story.
    http://www.sptimes.com/2007/05/07/Tampabay/Fraud_victim_made_to_.shtml

8. Stanley Morgan was a helluva receiver.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Morgan Stanley is a helluva broker.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Seriously though, how the heck do you get to the mindset where this is a good idea? It's staggering to me how incidents like this come about.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Just staying on topic.

[​IMG]

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Smoking crack.

Any other questions?

Draft saved Draft deleted