1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is just disturbing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Armchair_QB, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/041610dnmetmissingchild.252402dc9.html

Body of a six-year-old boy is found near a lake in Dallas.

Police have said the body shows signs that he was fed thru a tube and have described him as "underweight" and having "significant medical needs."

What is disturbing about this is that there are no missing persons reports that fit the description of this little boy. Which makes it sound like he was basically thrown away by whoever is caring for him. This really bothers me for some reason.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm going to hell for this, but it was the first thing that popped into my head:

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There should be plenty of medical records that can eventually be traced back to the boy. Hopefully there are also fingerprints which are in birth records.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Story in the DMN today indicates they still have no idea who the kid is or who his parents are.

The fact no one has come forward pretty much indicates someone just threw him away. Just disgusting.

5. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I really, really wonder how he died.

IIRC, today's story said he was being fed through a feeding tube, which indicates some sort of long term investment in his care. It could be he died accidentally and his parents/caregivers panicked. Your mind automatically goes to foul play, but the fact that the police haven't released any evidence to suggest such (other than "underweight," but that could be from any number of medical conditions as well as improper nutrition) also makes me wonder if there isn't a very complicated, very sad story here.

Draft saved Draft deleted