1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THIS is how you leave a job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Not me!

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This guy is a fucking douchebag and I hope they throw the book at him.

Yeah, the passenger is an asshole too but the proper response to said asshole is not to f-bomb an entire airplane full of people then violate god knows how many FAA safety regulations by deploying the emergency slide on your way out the door.

I hope he winds up doing time for this.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

More suspicion about the JetBlue story.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/08/12/slater-calls-media-attention-a-bit-much/

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Who are you stalking these days?

7. I had high hopes this thread would turn into one full of awesome stories of people flipping desks at their newspaper offices and storming out after purposely misspelling everyone's name in a story.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If I'm going out like that, it's with a fifty-hitler salute on an inside page. The pressmen around here pay such little attention, I think I could pull it off.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

This assclown actually wants his job back at Jet Blue. What a total fucking moron.
    But now he's a national fucking hero because he said "fuck you, world."

That this idiot can be viewed as a hero proves the dumbing down of America is now complete.

10. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Not quite, Spirited. All such acts are not complete until the perpetrator has gone on "Larry King Live" to explain him- or herself. Tuesday night, this f-tard will do just that.

I'm torn between watching it to hear his side (as asinine as it is) and not watching it just to keep this guy from getting a larger audience. What an f---ing jerk. This is what really bugs me about this culture anymore: The more outlandish, the more idiotic someone is or comes across, the more they get lauded and applauded for it. It makes me sick!! If any of us did that, do you think we would get an interview with Larry?? I don't think so.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You guys bitter much?

Dude freaked out = bad.

But he owned up to his action by saying, "At the end of the day I am a grown up and must take responsibility for my actions;" will pay full restitution; and plead guilty to avoid a costly trial.

Should he be applauded for being a jerk on his job? No. Bt should he be strung up by piano wire from a light pole for doing something lots of more famous, wealthier people (I'm talking to you, Favre!) have refused to do, and that's manning up and apologizing?

Draft saved Draft deleted