1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THIS is how you leave a job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 9, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If he said "Sayonara, suckers," all the better.

2. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

The NYTimes account is here: http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/09/flight-attendant-activates-exit-chute-after-dispute-at-j-f-k-then-flees/

Its description is even more fun.

As fun as it was, he probably deserves to be fired, and the passenger deserves to get in trouble for violating FAA regulations that say you have to obey instructions from the flight crew.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was fun while it lasted, but he was arrested later at home.

It's a big deal when you pop the the door and the slide is inflated. There's paperwork involved & JetBlue will likely be fined.

And, they'll probably follow through on having this guy prosecuted.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And he'll say he was suffering from dementia due to the just-inflicted head injury, go on disability, sue the airline and the passenger, and once all is said and done, be far wealthier than he is now.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Not surprisingly, the flight originated in Pittsburgh meaning it was probably some dumb ass yinzer with a black and gold suitcase who is now sitting at some dive bar in some dive town like Blawnox bragging that he showed that uppity New Yorker who was boss!!!! Hooray for the Stillers!!! Stillers rule!!!! I'm a Picksburgh tough guy!!!!

By the way, OOP, why were flying to New York in the first place?

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Life's been such a disappointment since Slater graduated from Bayside, suffered a career-ending knee injury during wrestling practice, lost his scholarship, then flunked out of Cal U.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I was waiting for something like that.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Good one Zag!

9. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Man, why you gotta rag on Blawnox like that?!?

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I heard on TV this moring that he grabbed two beers on his way off the plane and on to the slide. That's kinda cool.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I also heard on the TV that he was smiling and laughing when the cops came to arrest him.

12. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I'm teling ya. I'm not sure how many times I have wanted to do something like that. Good for him. And I'm sure he will face loads of trouble. But damn that had to feel good.

Draft saved Draft deleted