1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is how it's done

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moland Spring, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He was a helluva football coach.

But in terms of sainthood . . . given what each endured, for the other . . . his widow's the only one who's eligible.

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Just got my advance copy via FedEx from SI today, and the magazine does indeed disclose Bragg's standing at UA in the tagline at the end of the story.

So Finebaum is an idiot. Newsflash, certainly. :)

rb

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I especially like the part where he talks about Alabama losing too many big, fast, scary people. If you can't stop the run in the SEC, you're in trouble.

???

4. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

i won't dispute finebaum's idiocy but the online version makes no mention of bragg's position at alabama.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Bear did one thing pretty well: he signed the first 25 kids he wanted every year (some cynics would say that he bought the first 25 kids he wanted), then signed 25 more to keep them away from Auburn, Tennessee, LSU and Georgia.

Wonder how the legend would have done in the modern days of 25 scholarships per year, and 85 total?

Draft saved Draft deleted