1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is how it's done

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moland Spring, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Ricky Bragg once spent an afternoon hitting on my wife, proving that we're all touched by greatness at some point in our lives, even the unwilling.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Good story. Good writer. Just ask him.

3. silentbob

silentbob Member

Great story.
    You know what I think makes Bragg so great: His pace. Just real syrupy, if that makes sense.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I too had no idea what burning a wet dog meant. There aren't many who could get away with using it, but it kinda comes with the territory with Bragg and it's genuine.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It's a standard joke here. Lighten up, Francis.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Whatever, Doc. I'm gonna go get a fucking haircut.

7. Hammer Pants

Speaking of Bahr, when's Junction Boys on again?

8. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

Junction Boys? A solid $7 entry in Wal-Mart's sports DVDs section. A couple of decent documentaries on the Bear and Bama as well.

9. Hammer Pants

The irony in your sig is outstanding. For sure, no one in the 20th century bought more wins than the Tide.

10. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

Yep, because we all know that Alabama is the only program in the history of sports to do so.

11. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

It makes sense, especially with the first few pages. It was a nice, slow and matter-o-fact. No fancy words or jargon. I think the slowness of the pacing imitates a slow Southern drawl.

Good article, but I don't really like the last graph. It seems kind of random to me. I'd rather it end with "Does he really believe there are 1,000 benevolent Alabama fans? 'Naw, I was being gracious.'" Plus, I think that would tie it back to the lede and expectations of 92,000 people better.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"But theyyyyyyy did it, toooooooo . . . (sob, sniff)"

We're out of third grade, now. We don't dig evasive fingerpointing, here.

Draft saved Draft deleted