1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is how it is done thread

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by DanOregon, Jan 8, 2010.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thought instead of people throwing up stories they liked and wanted to share then having people offer their own critiques of the article (I plead guilty on a few occasions) - thought maybe we could a place where people could just link stories they like that others might benefit from reading, whether it is word choice, organization or just overall impact.

Wetzel's Texas-Bama story reads like a Gary Smith four-act play. And he did it in a matter of hours. There is something to be said about knowing various backstories that you can pull from your memory.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-texasqbs010810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Holy shit. That's an awesome story.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Hi, Dan...couple of things. There's another thread on this, and also, I'm wondering if you want a general thread on this if it belongs in the writers workshop.

No big deal to me either way, just something to consider.

4. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I think it's a good idea, because sometomes I pull back on a "You gotta read this," because it may not merit a separate thread or the thread might devlove into something else.

Draft saved Draft deleted