1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is gonna be one expensive divorce

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Jan 9, 2019.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

She suddenly became the most attractive single woman in America

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Candidly, I'm going to say that without my wife I'm not where I am today (after 23 yrs) and I have no problems with her entitlement to 50% of our assets. She was employed and providing much needed financial support when I was building my practice and we've been able to give our kids a stay at home parent while they were in school. Most importantly, as a lawyer, I say "you knew those were the rules when you got married, you don't get to complain now when you're a billionaire (or whatever). So i disagree with the disparagement of of a spouse's right to their half.

OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Hell, someone is going to be taking her last name.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

They ship free with a Prime membership.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He gets Seattle. She gets Northern Virginia and Long Island.

CD Boogie likes this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It's more than half when you factor in everything. So I've heard.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So do we discuss the fact that there's every indication the National Enquirer investigated Bezos and his mistress because he's enemies with Trump, or should that be on the politics thread?

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

While it may not be from Amazon, Mrs. Bezos is definitely going to be getting a new package soon.

HanSenSE, ChrisLong and Chef2 like this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Bezos has a net worth of $150 billion. He made more last year than Donald Trump made his whole life. I don’t think the National Enquirer wants the headaches that Bezos can inflict.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It looks like a political hit job, but it also looks like they have that affair story down cold. Don't cheat on your spouse. It ends badly for everyone, even Jeff Bezos.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Sure. I just think it's a little scary that the president has allies who would so brazenly do this.

Draft saved Draft deleted