1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is for spnited

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Read it and weep, you old fossil.

"You know who cares about your fantasy team? I do. I care. I care a super whole lot! If I'm at a cocktail party, and I've got the choice between talking to some fucking lawyer about patent litigation and some guy talking about his fantasy team, not only am I taking the fantasy guy, I'm getting his number and arranging a mandate for the next week. Fuck that lawyer right in the pants.

I'll talk about your fantasy team with you, because talking with you about your fantasy team means talking about players I potentially also own ("Oh, you have MJD? So do I. God, I hope he falls down a fucking gorge."), have owned in the past ("Oh, you have Chad Johnson? I had him last year. You'll love him!") or hope to own in the future ("Oh, you have Joseph Addai! How you like him? I was thinking about trading for him. Let's go somewhere private and feed each other mini-spanakopitas. Later, we can share a bubble bath and soap each other's cocks!").

Talking about your fantasy team means talking about fantasy football in general, which also means talking about football. And I am fucking down with talking about football. It beats talking about my kid. You really don't give a shit about that. I'm also happy to head over to fantasy football message boards and give people start/sit advice. It makes me feel like a big man. I especially like finding the dumbest questions people ask (TOPIC: AM I KRAYZEE?!!! Should I start Najeh Davenport over LT2?) and berating them for even asking the question. Again, this makes me feel smart and cool. Plus, I have a better shot of being right than when I try and answer a legit fantasy question.

Frankly, I'm a little tired of people bitching about people talking about their fantasy teams (shakes fist at Iracane). Everyone plays fantasy football, and everyone likes it. So it's quite natural to want to talk to others about why you'd like Steven Jackson to motherfucking produce or else you'll cut off his areolas with a pair of nail scissors. I'll hear you out on that. Your team doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's not like you're reading your goddamn diary to me. All fantasy owners have plenty in common: players, love of the game, and office ass.

So feel free to regale me with stories of your fantasy team. It beats all the fucking baseball links I get."

http://deadspin.com/sports/thursday-afternoon-nfl-dick-joke-jamboroo/no-one-cares-about-your-fantasy-team-wrong-whore-301851.php

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought for sure this was about Sophia Loren's breasts.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't think it's hyperbole to say that's the greatest thing I have ever read.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It was pretty fucking funny.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Big Daddy Drew is a genius. Well, a genius who seems slightly sexist and cracks the occasional gay joke. But I'll read him over Simmons any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Wait ... so this is the same guy who wrote the brilliant piece at the infinite douchebaggery that will flow freely from Patriot fans if the Pats go 19-0? I gotta bookmark this guy. :D

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Great stuff, doc.

And fuck you and your fantasy team.

8. Msaint

Msaint Member

Take that, "Spirited," you fantasy-hatemongering fuck.

;)

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll talk to anyone about fantasy sports so long as they're not completely retarded.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That's im-fucking-possible.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I guess that's why you never return my PMs about my fantasy teams.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Deleted, Janice.

Draft saved Draft deleted