1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is exactly why I HATE Chris Matthews

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bill Brasky, Apr 17, 2008.

1. vicd

vicd Active Member

I'd swear he's being played by Fred Willard. Any day now I expect him to say, "And to think that in some countries these dogs are eaten."

2. I wouldn't accept coffee if I didn't want coffee. Doesn't that make me fiscally conservative?

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Shuster is the one who said it, and he's very conservative.

My only question to Shuster would be: Is that what really happened-- exactly as you say? Because if it is, sure, it's rude on Obama's part... It's not a big issue, but being the leader of the free world does require a level of decorum. For example, you don't want the POTUS massaging the German chancellor's neck at a summit. Tact can be very important in delicate foreign relations.

But something tells me Shuster was embellishing for effect.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Obama embraces O.J.

He's finished.

Oh, and if what Luggies says is true (and I have no reason to doubt her), then we might need a new subject line.

Unless Shuster is the reason Bill Brasky hates Matthews.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

A dry drunk, a liar and a knave.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I guess the reason people are picking these seemingly trivial things about Obama apart is that that the little things say more about a person's character than the big things. People tend to be very guarded about the major things that could show character flaws, thus the only way you can really find out about a person's character is by observing the little things.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm intrigued by your horseshit and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Oh my God, that had me rolling.

9. Dessens71

Dessens71 Member

I love Chris Matthews. He has genuine passion for politics. If you want honest analysis of the issues that are important to voters, listen to NPR or some shit. Hardball is about the minutia of the horse race. That has its place too, don't you think?
    And I love the way he can barely conceal his contempt for Keith Olbermann when they host election night coverage together.

10. I'm intrigued by your horsehsit and wish to subscribe to the voices in your head.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hillary's going to take it and run with it...accusing Barack of pandering to all those Florida voters he "turned his back on" earlier this year!

For a look at what the people who vote think about this coming election, click on my "Last Night in Philly" thread.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

OK, now that had me rolling.

Runner-up snark: Welcome, Chris.

Draft saved Draft deleted