1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is exactly why I HATE Chris Matthews

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bill Brasky, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

This is not a parody

On Hardball, while remarking on Sen. Barack Obama's reported request for orange juice after being offered coffee at an Indiana diner, David Shuster asserted: "t's just one of those sort of weird things. You know, when the owner of the diner says, 'Here, have some coffee,' you say, 'Yes, thank you,' and, 'Oh, can I also please have some orange juice, in addition to this?' You don't just say, 'No, I'll take orange juice,' and then turn away and start shaking hands." Host Chris Matthews agreed, "You don't ask for a substitute on the menu."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200804110004?f=h_latest

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Maybe coffee's too bitter for him...

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yep, pretty pathetic, isn't it?

4. Bill Brasky

That's not even political discourse. That's on the level of catty junior high girls. "Susie thinks she's all that. You saw her in the lunch line. 'I'll just have a salad.' She's such a bitch! I hate her!"
    Hell, I despise Rush Limbaugh. But at least he has a perspective that's moved outside of high school cliques.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

You guys should just shut up and drink your coffee.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Let met get this straight:

Chris Matthews doesn't think Barack Obama is qualified to be president because he likes orange juice more than coffee?

Next time you guys want to accuse conservatives of being whacked-out, run that question through your head.

7. Bill Brasky

My hatred of Chris Matthews has nothing to do with his politics (although he does have strange daddy issues about middle aged white dudes....he had a big-boy crush on W., Romney and Fred Thompson).

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Not to mention, he's a misogynistic piece of crap.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If Hillary had a dick, Matthews would totally blow her/him.

But that doesn't affect my perception of the race.

10. I'd like an offer of proof on that.

11. lono

lono Active Member

If?

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Let me get this straight. Chris Matthews even caring about this makes him a "legitimate" commentator?

Try running THAT question through your head before any others.

Draft saved Draft deleted