1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THIS IS CNN: Don Lemon goes berserker on Kaitlan Collins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

+1 here, as well.
    I've never really understood Gayle King's appeal, though will admit she comes across as a decent person. Full disclosure: haven't watched CBS Mornings much since it changed to that name. But King usually had frequent difficulty reading the prompter and I could do without her opines after news liveshots or packages.

Was a daily viewer when it was Rose/O'Donnell/King. Following Charlie's departure and Norah's promotion, I pretty much turned off morning television.

BartonK likes this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Is Collins the one who used to scream at reporters to 'get on out of here' after Slobbo's press conferences?

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Don Lemon being moved to mornings is the equivalent of slowly poisoning a man's career. Who on earth is watching CNN at 10 a.m. besides other journalists who might work nights? What kind of ratings do those shows pull? Has to be crumbs.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I think it mostly comes from being Oprah’s buddy

5. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

That Rose / O'Donnell / King lineup was fantastic. King was the jokester / change-of-pace person in that group. Now, she's the leader, the other two yield to her sensibilities, and it's the Gayle King show. Fairly unwatchable, I think, but they were in third place for both versions, so not sure it matters a whole lot.

Liut likes this.
  6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I like Abby Philip, don't watch anyone else on the network.

Liut likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Abby is outstanding but it seems like they can't find the proper place for her there.

Liut likes this.
  8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I wonder why.

Liut likes this.
  9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Good assessment.

When I was still checking in, Nate Burleson impressed me with his intelligence and versatility. I assume he's still there.

10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Who was the greatest anchor in CNN history?

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

If I was running CNN, I would ask her what she wanted to do, in what daypart, and try to make it happen.
    Abby Philip is the best talent CNN has. Will be interesting to see where she might end up in the future.
    Then again, CNN needs to step up.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Bernard Shaw.

HanSenSE and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted