1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THIS IS CNN: Don Lemon goes berserker on Kaitlan Collins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Feb 5, 2023.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Nice of them to pull Sidner off of her usual role of being airlifted into any racial conflict anywhere in this country.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Does Turkey count as a racial conflict?
    She was there covering the earthquake

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The audience for Don Lemon's morning meltdown wouldn't fill the seats at Indy.

They need to get some executives in there who know what they're doing.

p04hqrkk.jpg

fossywriter8, Liut, Hermes and 2 others like this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The African plates and the European plates and the Asian plates can't get along.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Again, very strange to me how much this non-story is being driven by right wing media.

Honestly.

Don Lemon? CNN morning show? Who cares?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Lemon has to know he's replaceable right? He needs to remember he's the point guard, not the guy who has to try a slam dunk every possession.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

poindexter likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Lemon is a gay, Black Democrat who has a big mouth. He’s been a right-wing media target for a long time.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the Kiddo scandal with Joseph Epstein & Dr. Biden, except Lemon is higher profile (I think). I think that one stuck around for a few news cycles.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Lemon seems to have toned things down in recent weeks, more conventional wardrobe choices etc.

Not sure if this is the defacto running CNN thread, but

https://radaronline.com/p/gayle-kin...arles-barkley-struggling-ratings-chris-licht/

I'm thinking Chris Licht counting on Gayle King - a 68-year old woman who fronts the third most viewed morning show - to make an impact on a one-hour, weekly show makes about as much sense as trading up to get Trubisky hoping he'll save your job.

Liut likes this.
  11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I am extremely skeptical of the salary number for Gayle King. I don't believe it would be anywhere near that high.

Liut likes this.
  12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

+1

Draft saved Draft deleted