1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THIS IS CNN: Don Lemon goes berserker on Kaitlan Collins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Feb 5, 2023.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

PBS does this with Frontline.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Frontline - - without a political filter? When do they air that version?

Liut likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

“The media has absolutely, I believe, learned its lesson,” Licht said.

Sensing my surprise, he grinned.

“I really do,” Licht said. “I think they know that [Trump's] playing them—at least, the people in my organization. We’ve had discussions about this. We know that we’re getting played, so we’re gonna resist it.”

[​IMG]

HanSenSE, dixiehack and garrow like this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

It's a disservice to a fine 15000-word piece, but 'Hicks Nix Licht's Picks' covers it.

PCLoadLetter and dixiehack like this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Everything -- and all I need to know -- about Licht I've learned from KO's podcast...and that's namely that Licht is a paste eater.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Frank Sesno weeps

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If Chris Licht doesn't do that "town hall," CNN's ratings are still in the toilet and going lower. ... and nobody is talking about Chris Licht. The network was the Titanic already prior to that town hall.

The town hall itself was a shit show. Kaitlan Collins was way out of her depth. It went badly.

But the very immediate criticism (starting before it even happened) wasn't about the execution, it was 1,000 variations of "CNN shouldn't be giving Trump a forum." People on this site actually were trying to argue that Donald Trump isn't newsworthy.

People are piling on Chris Licht because of their animosity toward Donald Trump. No Donald Trump, and few of those people care about CNN failing or that Chris Licht is running the show there. It had (and still has) zero to do with whether he has been managing CNN well or how badly that town hall went.

Liut likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I love not being able to reply to a steaming pile of bullshit for fear of being accused of “replying to every post.”

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

"Steaming pile of bullshit." Mission accomplished.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Chris Licht reminds me a lot of Aaron Sorkin. Sorkin gave us a look at how he thinks news ought to be done in "The Newsroom", and it has nothing to do with anything approaching reality. A lecture from a guy who has never set foot in a newsroom and is just relying on the knowledge that he is the smartest person on earth, and therefore he is right.

The Trump round table was an absolute disaster in ways that every single adult other than Chris Licht could see coming from the moment it was announced.

Soon enough, Licht will be fired and replaced with someone who won't work so hard to mask the fact that his boss wants CNN to be Newsmax.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted