1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is brutal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jun 6, 2007.

1. And we know for sure that he never drank the "leaded" coffee in the clubhouse or threw back greenies to make it through the season?

2. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

He did it too! is a kid's excuse. Bonds is what he is, likewise Biggio. Judge 'em on their own merits.

I thought I learned my lesson a long time ago, but I have to keep reminding myself on this one...

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Is it any more painful than seeing Babe Ruth in a Braves uniform, or Joe Montana with the Chiefs? There are too many examples of athletes holding on past their prime. coughBrettFavrecough.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Exactly. I would love to see Biggio get to 3,000 and then walk away into retirement after this season.

5. Oz, we've disagreed on things in the past, but I'm in complete agreement with you here. I'd love to see Biggio hit 3K, then ride off into the sunset.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And then ride into Cooperstown, whenever it calls. I failed to add that in the original post.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Watching selfish players hurt their teams in quest of individual records is usually painful.

Exhibit A: Cal

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Folks, there's never even been a sniff of a hint of a suggestion that Biggio has ever done anything illegal with regards to his playing days or drugs. Just because there's so much smoke from the Bonds camp doesn't mean all players therefore become suspect.

Biggio's a good guy with lots of baseball heart. But it is painful to watch him struggle to 3,000.

9. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

Um...agree on Ruth and Favre, but didn't Joe Montana have some very good years with the Chiefs? He took them to the AFC Championship game, didn't he?

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It's awe-inspiring to watch Bonds.

I'm amazed to see what modern pharmaceutical science can do.

11. boots

boots New Member

Until there is absolute proof that Bonds cheated, I think the court of public opinion should give him a break. And wouldn't it be something if word got out that "good guy" Biggio cheated?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

nice thought, boots, but "absolute proof" isn't even required to send someone to death row.

Draft saved Draft deleted