1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is about as funny as a bunny with a pancake on his head

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Feb 9, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A raccoon with his head stuck in a peanut butter jar....

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2012-02-09/story/watch-st-johns-deputy-rescues-raccoon-head-caught-peanut-butter-jar

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

SJ loves such stories: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/50073/

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

We're all about jar-heads here.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

RIP (for a few moments), raccoon in a jar.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Why did you come back?

6. doodah

doodah Guest

To be a positive member of this board.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does everyone read doodah's posts with a Flava Flav accent to it in their mind, followed by a "yeeeeeahhh booooeeeeey!" after each line?

If not...you are welcome.

Holla!

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Back when I was in Minnesota, a bear wandered 75 miles with his head stuck in a large cheese puffs jar. The bear came into my small town during a festival and was put down by a police officer.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That seems a severe punishment for eating the last of the cheese puffs.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Because common sense dictates that NOBODY put it on the racoon's head. The racoon was probably licking the bottom of the peanut butter jar and it got stuck.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Did you read the whole story? It was Boy Scout troop who raised $350,000 for the local homeless shelter betting they could catch a raccoon, hold it down, force a peanut butter jar onto its head, and teach it to sing 'I've Been Working on the Railroad.'

One witness claimed the raccoon got stuck in the jar all by hisself, digging in the trash and becoming inadvertently intimate with the discarded peanut butter jar, but authorities are convinced the Boy Scout theory is far more plausible.

(ps to ijag, RIP raccoon in a jar, still laughing at the original poindexter post, now laughing like a nut at yours.)

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The same reason you keep coming back here. Too stupid to comprehend what he's doing.

Draft saved Draft deleted