1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is a legal basketball shot that I could never, ever make

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I wish I was 6-foot-8 and 250/275/whatever LeBron is. That's just crazy strength to make that shot effortlessly.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Stay clear of those Troggles, and you just might grow into that frame.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Hell, LeBron practically *is* a Troggle. I would need a 10-inch growth spurt in my mid-20s for that to happen...not likely.

4. ZummoSports

ZummoSports Member

Geez, I can barely make a free throw without embarassing myself. I wonder how many takes it took to get that shot.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Drink your milk, say your prayers and take your vitamins, and you'll be A-OK.

6. Petrie

Petrie Guest

So I can look like this guy?

[​IMG]

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

LeBron, besides being the freak he is, just gets it. And how fucking money do you have to be to non-chalantly underhand a ball 60 feet and fucking swish it? Shit.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Reputedly, one.

But even if it took a hundred takes, he still did something that none of us would be able to do given a thousand takes....or, in my case, 10,000 takes. And I happen to think I'm a half-decent basketball player.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Can't you just admit you're wrong? He did win the East with a bunch of dregs.
    So he'd be in his second year if he played 4 years of college, would he be a better player? You've move the goalpost so may times on this argument it's ridiculous

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No. I am never going to say that not playing college basketball and not playing in a competetive conference with a competitive league tourney and then the NCAA tourney makes you a better player.

Sure, LeBron is a success story, but was the league made better by Darrius Miles or Kwame Brown? Do you think they would have ever risen above the D-league if they were forced to play a year or two of college or foreign basketball?

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

Am I the only one who noticed/am troubled by the awkward noise Kroft made when the shot went in?

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Wow :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:.

That was impressive.

When LeBron first came into the league I wanted so much not to like him, because he was so hyped I thought there was no way that he could live up to it. But I have to admit, he is one of maybe five players in the NBA that I would pay top dollar to see (Wade, Kobe, Howard and Roy being the others).

Draft saved Draft deleted