1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This investigation is for all the Tostitos

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 14, 2011.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I didn't see that coming.

I don't think any head of a bowl committee is a saint.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Reading the thread title, I thought something new happened with Cam Newton, either with a dead girl or a live boy.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Think about it this way: If it all turns out to be true, than wearing outfits with loud colors shouldn't be too much of an adjustment!

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I've long argued that the hands-down best job in sports is that of a BCS Bowl Committee member, who gets to go around to the best CFB games and get treated like royalty, all for the price of a silly blazer.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

fixed.

Stealing money. But, I think the winds of change are beginning to blow here, as more and more becomes public on a) how much these jokers make and b) how little they actually do.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fired.

And the Fiesta Bowl is about to be fired from the BCS.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/28140675

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've kind of felt that the bowls themselves are more likely to undo the BCS than anything a legislative body or a lawsuit did. And I'm sure Tostitos is THRILLED they insisted on everyone refer to the game as the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl now.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Here's to hoping these Tostitos - and every other chip of some sort involved with the BCS and many of the other bowls - go stale.

10. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

This ought to bring an end to the college bowl system and the BCS.

I'm not saying it will. Just that it should.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

According to colleagues who are going through the paperwork, there are some prominent Arizona politicians neck-deep in the muck. Should be fun.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You wonder what the Fiesta Bowl needed from politicians. They had a corporate sponsor, they had a stadium. Maybe the pols kick in/commit some tax dollars here and there, but did they really need a payoff? Give them a dozen tickets to resell.

Draft saved Draft deleted