1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This guy sickens me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Jun 14, 2006.

1. PTOWN

PTOWN Member

A friend of mine is a priest in Milwaukee at teh basilica, and has told me more than 75 percent of his parishoners are of polish stock. That's all I was basing it on because the diocese there is fairly sizeable (sorry to go all religous on you). The last time I was in Milwaukee, maybe early 2000s there were still plenty of polish enclaves. Why do you think the city is so famous for sausage?? The Polish of course.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Because anti-semitism has existed for years and people will jump on any excuse to justify their hatred.  I'm generally an annoyingly optimistic person but some people just bring me down, ya know?

3. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Or like the soccer fans in Europe who taunt black players with words and bananas? I assume you thought those sad yet educational stories were a waste of time, too?

As a journalist and a human being I would want to know why this guy, in the year 2006, thinks Hitler was misunderstood and why he thinks the Holocaust is nothing more than a PR campaign designed by Jews.

If I can learn something about what makes him -- and others like him -- tick I'm in a better position to deal with the subject personally and professionally. Nazis/racists aren't going to disappear quietly.

4. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

PTOWN:

I once called Milwaukee home.

Think of the Polish population there as you would Enron stock.

Milwaukee is still known for beer, too. But the beer makers are long gone.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Buck, imagine you are an anti-Semite. You believe that Jews are evil, amoral people, who run the world for their own benefit and would stop at nothing to bring down people like you. Imagine that you believe that the Jews killed your lord and savior to boot. You honestly, in your sick, demented mind believe there is no evil that Jewish people will not stoop to commit.

So then, when something absolutely horrifyingly awful occurs like the Holocaust, you believe it was just a ploy created by the Jews to get sympathy and support for an Israeli state. When that kind of hatred overwhelms your soul, you simply cannot stand by and watch them get sympathy. That's why people deny it.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow dude, step off the fucking ledge. you either read sarcasm into buck's post somewhere where you shouldn't or you're just a jackass. i'll leave that for you to decide, but to call buck, someone who i don't always agree with an anti-semite is bullshit.

here's a way to get over this: go take another hit of acid, trip for 7-8 hours, get a good night's sleep, and the burnout and irrationality will no longer be there.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you got it buck.

Draft saved Draft deleted