1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This guy sickens me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I do notice the story was very careful to give pretty specific description of where the shrine is located.

Good, good, good.

[​IMG]

;) ;D ;)

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Starman justice redevelopment.

3. boots

boots New Member

LETS KICK HIS ASS.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i guarantee you that more than one of my fellow members of the tribe (yeah i'm jewish) are currently googling this guy, forwarding his name to some foundation somewhere and investigating to see whether they can rustle up some evidence on him to forward to the justice department office that prosecutes world war two criminals. i would love to see this 87-year-old loser charged with war crimes -- if there is legitimate evidence.

that said, the guy's an idiot. this is america and he can say what he wants. people like this just open their mouth and everyone knows they are morons.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

We'll all meet at the Brat Stop or Mars Cheese Castle and head on over.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

It's the South. They'll deny the Holocaust. They'll deny slavery's role in starting the Civil War. And they'll vote for G.W. Bush.

7. boots

boots New Member

Huh? I thought this guy lived in Wisconsin.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Seriously! The Russians were burning their homes and all their possessions and running suicide missions rather than surrendering. You'd have thought they'd be throwing rose petals down in the Germans' goose stepping path...

What's amazing is that when Eisenhower first came across the Nazi death camps, he seemed to have anticipated that there would be a day when people would try to deny the attrocities. He got the video cameras in there, paraded as many U.S. servicemen as he could through (he summoned Patton, so he could see, too), and had the U.S. soldiers round up Germans from the surrounding areas and parade them through the camps. In places where there were piles of corpses left behind, they made the Germans from nearby towns cart the bodies and bury them. It was so unbelievable to him, that he wanted as many people as possible to see and document the horrors.

I'd say that denial is Orwellian, but denying the Hollocaust is actually even more sinister.

9. As a man with Southern roots and currently living in the South ... please ... Yes they will vote for Bush and even a few will deny the Civil War was about slavery. But the next person who denies the Holocaust will be the first.

- Sorry Hoops. Not sure if you'd see this thread. -

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Actually, Ralph -- and I know what you meant, so don't take this the wrong way -- but the next person to deny the holocaust would be the second.

Attorney General candidate Larry Darby has a firm grasp on No. 1.

11. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

Fascinating does not equal newsworthy.
    One could argue that's one of the biggest problems facing the news industry today.

And, we're not silencing him. We're simply not offering him a platform.
    Just like the nutcase who sends a three-page, rambling diatribe in smugged pencil isn't going to make the New York Times letters-to-the-editor; and the guy screaming bible verses outside Grand Central isn't worthy of his own 15-second spot in the evening news.

Most truths are so naked that people feel sorry for them and cover them up, at least a little bit.
    -Edward R. Murrow

12. Well I meant in person to me, but yeah you got me there.

Draft saved Draft deleted