1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This gentleman has character.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Neutral Corner, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sometimes, they spell the hyphen.

BTExpress likes this.
  2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

They named their kid Kiernan. That is where the douche chills started for me.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

The GoFundMe has changed. The goal went from $12K to $20K in the past few hours. Any bets on the Majerus-Collins clan needing cash for a trip to some exotic local to teach teenagers who to cover a city council meeting?

4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

My brother did the same thing when he married his wife.

They are both weird.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That doesn't give it to me, but your posts on this thread sure have.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm torn between whether YF and BWIP are really piling on, or properly showing that this guy is an opportunist (as we often do in our craft).

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the sex tape to decide.

studthug12 likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Even if it were both, it's smug as shit.

studthug12 likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

This guy's narrative doesn't add up, and even as told, isn't all that tragic.

But, of course, people swallowed it whole, and it went viral without a single question being raised.

So, now he's won some $5,000 "award" and raised over $10,000 on GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/yvg95ahr

studthug12 likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

Oh, and for smug, check out the Facebook pages of husband, wife, or son.

They're all saving the world, and all very proud of each other.

But, keep giving to the GoFundMe campaign. I'd hate for young Kiernan to have to postpone his jazz band or medieval archeology studies at Bates.

Kiernan Majerus-Collins School is going well! I'm taking British Modernity, Vikings, China in Revolution, College Choir, and Jazz Band, all of which I am enjoying (though less so during finals week). Next semester I'm knocking out some science requirements and also taking Medieval Archaeology. The premodern history track seems to be going well but given language deficiencies I can't pursue it after undergrad. I'm currently debating between law school and doing graduate work in American history, but luckily I have a few years before I have to make that decision. How are things going for you? Any problem students, kids who took a stand for their right to play chess in the library haha?

Like · Reply · 1 · December 9 at 11:56pm

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The IRS will be calling.

Draft saved Draft deleted