1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This gentleman has character.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Neutral Corner, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

But there are various ways to take care of them, not all of them materially.

And if we're going to be straight up here - kids in college can "take care" of themselves. Perhaps in the middle class white person's world we'd rather they didn, but they can. And it won't be the end of the world, either.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Edward Clarkin Is The Most Important Man In Journalism Today — And He’s Probably Not A Real Person

ctnewsjunkie @ctnewsjunkie

Michael Schroeder's middle name: Edward. Mother's maiden: Clarkin @mattderienzo @hartfordcourant @reviewjournal

If Edward Clarkin is really Michael Schroeder, he is symbolic of an effort of a billionaire, Sheldon Adelson, to seize control of the largest paper in a major state and use it as a vehicle to advance his political agenda by any means necessary.
    Nevada is a swing-state and Adelson is among the very largest donors to the Republican Party.
    Adelson has spent hundreds of millions on candidates and causes he supports. But Edward Clarkin might be his most brazen move yet.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, look at it this way. If "Edward Clarkin" wrote anything libelous, only the paper would get sued, since "Edward Clarkin" doesn't really exist.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This isn't the first person to advocate for his own political agenda through a major newspaper. Maybe you've heard of this guy named Hearst? Helped start a war once.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Reporter's job-hunting skills are lacking.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

7. Baron Scicluna

At least he helped start it under his own name.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

It's great to read a dig at someone else's career choice from a guy whose own attempt to change careers ended in failure.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Baron Scicluna

Meanwhile, I've made at least $50K more in my last five years in newspapers that what I would have done if I had spent five years as entry-level and second-tier in the field I had studied for.

If that's failure, well ... ah who am I fooling? I'm responding to a guy who does nothing but make baseless accusations, then runs off when challenged. Why are you posting on a thread about character?

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It'll help if his parents can give him a $20,000 boost too.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted