1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This fact is indisputable ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Sep 12, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Awesome post, sir. I bow roughly toward your direction.

And any second now the trolls from the Politics board will be here to accuse you of being biased against those people based on their education level, hygiene and dress.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Well to be honest, I gave them the ammunition.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Or a troll from the Politics board could come here and celebrate the bias. (Here's a hint: I'm talking about you.)

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Sprint car races are a trip.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Bubs,

No doubt the catch fences aren't usually up to snuff. That's also why most tracks - the ones with a shred of sense - place the spectator stands in places where the cars and their corresponding parts aren't as likely to roll and fly off the track.

There isn't as much strategy. It's knowing what your car can do, how well the driver can hook up his vehicle to the track, not burning up the tires prematurely and otherwise stomping on the gas and hanging that thing out sideways through the turns. The power-to-weight ratios on those little machines is quite impressive.

Draft saved Draft deleted