1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This dad isn't ready for his first kid's surgery

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Dec 20, 2006.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Here you go, king.

[​IMG]

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Brilliant!

(gulp, gulp!)

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Glad everythign went well, Creole.

Happy holidays to you and yours.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

great news, king. i'll never forget when the oldest little shockey had his first fever. i freaked. when it broke, i whispered to him that he'd better not ever get much sicker than this, 'cause pops couldn't handle it.

almost 17 years, two brothers, a broken wrist and many stitches later, i can handle the minor stuff. surgery would freak me, too. they're always our babies -- which helps me understand mom/dad of shockey much better.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Good to hear the news king. Now, it's time to enhoy the holidays!

6. markvid

markvid Guest

It's amazing how resilient kids are, isn't it?

7. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

One thing you can take comfort in, King, is hospitals are VERY careful and thorough when doing surgery on children. I've been in and out of ERs and OR's my whole life, and that's one thing I've observed everywhere across the country.

So rest in the knowledge that your baby is getting the ultimate attention and care.

Hope that helps.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Glad the docs were able to take care of him. I remember my baby brother had earache problems. The doc kept sending him home till his eardrums burst and he didn't have an earache anymore. Imagine that. Luckily I don't think he has any hearing impairment.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

amen.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

As an aside, if your kid ever suffers a scarring-type injury such as a facial cut, and you go to the emergency room, wait for a pediatric plastic surgeon to stitch it up. The wound can be covered for a day or more if you have to wait that long.
    Good luck with the ear tubes, it's worth it to end the infections.

Draft saved Draft deleted