1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This dad isn't ready for his first kid's surgery

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Updates, too, kc.

2. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

I was so relieved that my son didnt need tubes after a couple of infections.
    Needless to say, i would have been a blubbering mess had he had to go under.
    We are all thinking about you and praying it goes OK my friend.
    Just be ready to dole out a big hug when it is all over.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You know my thoughts are with your family. I hope and trust that it will all turn out OK.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

It's only normal to show concern to that point if you're a parent. Keep us posted on how he is doing!

5. markvid

markvid Guest

My trifecta hit 5 months old on Monday, and the 2 times they've had shots I wanted to cry as hard as them.
    If they ever need anything like this, I am gonna need sedated as well.

Even though it's minor, Creole, prayers to the little one.

6. First Christmas with triplets, mv?
    How'd that get by me?
    December 25th's going to be an interesting day around the Vid house for the forseeable.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Best of luck.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

We are at the in-laws.
    Let them file the insurance claims on the 26th.

9. Oh, there's a great thread coming on the 27th, I think.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Wishes for the best, king.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Hey everyone, just first of all want to thank you for the good thoughts. It really, really means a lot to me, and I've told queencreole some of what you have said, and she appreciates it too.

Princecreole is home and doing well. He left us about 6:55 a.m., and I nearly lost it when the nurse took him from us. The next 20 minutes were pretty tough, but the beauty of music can help in times like this. That little mp3 player sure helped today.

Doctor came out about 7:15 or 7:20 and told us all was good. He was impressed by the amount of fluid in my boy's ear. Said it was pretty nasty and since there was so much fluid, he needs ear drops for a few days.

Princecreole was pretty groggy and grumpy for the first 30-45 minutes after we were able to get him, but he's on the floor in our living room, playing like nothing ever happened.

I can't imagine how tough it is for parents who take their kids for major surgery, like bypass, cancer, etc. I was a nervous wreck last night and for most of the time we were at the surgery center.

Once again, thanks everyone. The thoughts really do mean a lot!

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Good news.

Draft saved Draft deleted