1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This crime stinks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

West Virginia guy gets drunk and is arrested for driving without headlights. He's apparently shit-faced, and the cops take him to the station for a breathalyzer test. While the cops are getting the machine ready, the perp farts and fans it toward a cop.
    The cop is not amused. He adds battery of a police officer to the list of charges.
    Could that charge really stand up in court?

http://news.aol.com/article/man-charged-with-passing-gas-at-cop/187707

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not any more...

Charge dropped against man accused of passing gas

ASSOCIATED PRESS • September 25, 2008

UPDATED AT 4:40 PM -- CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A man accused of passing gas and fanning it toward a police officer no longer faces a charge of battery on a police officer.

The Kanawha County prosecutor’s office requested that the charge be dropped against 34-year-old Jose Cruz.

According to a criminal complaint, Cruz passed gas and made a fanning motion toward patrolman T.E. Parsons after being taken to the police station for a breathalyzer test. Cruz denies fanning the gas and says his request to use a restroom when first arriving at the station was denied.

Cruz, who was arrested Tuesday, still faces driving under the influence and other charges.

Earlier, he said officers thought the gas incident was funny when it happened and laughed about it with him.

“This is ridiculous,” he said. “I could be facing time.”

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Obviously it wasn't one of those "silent, but deadly" blasts.

4. The Granny

The Granny Guest

I reminds me of Forget-Me-Nots. You know, when you fart in the car just before you get out to buy a pack of smokes then, upon your return, open the door and sit in your own stink that's festered the whole time you were in the store.

5. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Maybe he was tired of sitting alone and church and wanted to share his pew.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Just another way for a cop to abuse his power. So glad that charge got dropped, that cop should be suspended.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Remember "doorknob"? The fun game where you farted and ran to the closest doorknob before someone hit you?

I think I'll play that tomorrow (by myself).

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You'll lose.

9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wow, he was really young when he played for the Astros, I guess.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Wanna bet?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was always a fan of the game "turtle". Two people in a bed, one farts and you pull the covers over your heads. First one to come up for air loses.

12. beanpole

beanpole Member

What some people do in the name of foreplay ....

Draft saved Draft deleted