1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Could Be Interesting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BadgerBeer, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I was curious enough to do a google search for conspiracy theories. Saw nothing.

As for the "Dumbness" of this thread -- on this board, there are plenty of qualifiers:)

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Do you know what the investigation is about and are being coy for some odd reason, or you don't know and don't think a former coach has ever been investigated after resigning?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah, unless this involves white-slavery, kidnapping kids and forcing them to play against their will while threatening their loved ones with bodily harm, I have a hard time thinking this will be some new low. In men's hoops, they're all variations on a theme, paying players, shaving points or screwing around with grades to make them eligible. In women's, it's sex.

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I believe I know what is being investigated and it is something that is so out there that I have never heard of it before in "Men's" basketball.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

We're getting warmer, although not much.

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Would have to be something like this, right? Anything else really isn't unprecedented.

[​IMG]

Songbird likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Oh, this somehow has to trace to Bill and Hillary.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Wait for it ...

I'm with JH. This has to be something outlandish to be of any interest outside the upper midwest.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Yes. I am not close to Winona and have no interest in them. The coach, however, did win 2 National Titles and was a few seconds from 3 in a row, so he was pretty respected.

BDC99 likes this.
  11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Is this implying coach/player sex stuff? Is there any other type of scandal that has plagued women's hoops but never mens?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nation on Edge as Hint of a Rumor Slowly Unfolds

KYSportsWriter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted