1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This children is why we don't inject ourselves into features

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by doogie448, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This children is why we should have a buffer period before someone can create a thread, at least on this board.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I won't inject myself into a feature because I'm afraid of needles.

3. seems to me this official timing stuff is ripe for more scrutiny. just yesterday, watching the men's 200 oly trial freestyle finals (with, of course, phelps), i'm left looking for more evidence. check the vid at 3:18 - http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blogs/swimming/phelps-outtouches-lochte-in-200m-free.html

i don't know enough about this stuff to no one way or another, but it does seem laughable that the announcers don't project even an inkling of incredulity over what is basically indistinguishable to the naked eye, even in slow-mo replay. so, yeah, seems weak to me to omit the names of the two companies involved while playing up a sort of profile of an ol' timer guy who, doggonit, is really passionate about the sport.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Would this post make more sense if I read the link in the OP? I don't no (sic) what it means. Is it worth my brain power to struggle with it?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have a spare inkling of incredulity if anyone needs it.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

If someone borrows it, are you still Plain Dealer-worthy?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sure. I have lots of incredulity to spare. I am short on goodwill right now, though.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wait, are we talking Olympic trials? Or Goodwill Games?

9. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

do they still do the Goodwill Games? I thought the whole point was to say "no hard feelings about the Cold War" and since the Cold War's been over for 20 years, why would they have the Goodwill Games.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It's going to take me a lot more than 20 years to get over Apollo Creed's death.

11. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

but if I can change, you can change. We all can change.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, Ted.

You crazy old bajillionaire, you.

And no, there are no Goodwill Games (FOR NOW) but it was a play off Ace's post above mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted