1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This certainly took long enough

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I win!

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Things that make you go Hmmmm?

Like, would this thread have been started if the victims were Christian and not Jewish and it was churches and not synagogues shot up?

Just wondering, i have my suspicions.......

As for the death penalty -- I've said this before -- in principle I agree with it but the way that it is administered here in this country it is a colossal waste of taxpayers money. This dude should just rot in jail with the rest of the criminals and move forward.

By giving him the death penalty he now becomes a cause celeb for the nutjobs and Susan Sarandons out there......

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He may have been somebody else, F-Hack, but he wasn't Yawn.

4. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Yep! Mission Accomplished! You betcha!

You guys are pretty good at declaring non-existent victory, so there ya go. Feel better? :D

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I win again!

6. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Whatever floats your failboat, dude. :)

7. Let me get this shit straight.

You wouldn't trust the government to spit shine your shoe.

But you trust it with the death penalty.

Okee, dokee.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

That's true Waylon. I think the prisoners that are executed shouldn't be told the time or date....they're victims weren't. It may be 3 months, or 3 years......but every time those guards walk by they'll wonder. Now, this is probably cruel and unusual punishment, but.......

Not every person sentenced to life leads a horrible life. Yes, they're in prison (horrible) but many end up running the prison, leading a life of power, probably greater than they could have achieved on the outside and that's what they thrive on. Look up Eddie O'Brien, at 16 he was a babyfaced kid convicted of killing his friends mother.....he was also 6'2" and 260lbs. He's now about 30, and runs the prison he is in. Absolutely no one fucks with him, he's respected, feared......he's MATTERS in that world. Would he like to be free....sure, but he'd never be as important on the outside as he is now. People like to be respected, he's respected.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Most likely, if he knew one of the sisters of one of those hypothetical victims.

Try again. You get a non-hypothetical FAIL for this one.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sometimes the punishment fits the crime.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think you need to read what I wrote again -- my point is that NO I don't trust our government to adminster the death penalty which is why dude should just rot in jail.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Another victory for me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.