1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This certainly took long enough

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree.
    He was the guy ...

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Jesus, you're dumb. When I responded to that post of yours, I meant that I found you complaining about respecting others funny given the show you put on on the FOX thread. Do I have to sit here and explain to you how reading comprehension works?

3. Provably not.

4. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Take your lame-ass insults and shove them.

And the Bears still suck ... :D

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Your avatar is perfect. Don't ever change it.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

This is basically my view of the DP, it should only be a punishment with 100% certainty, and with certain crimes. I certainly appreciate and respect opponents of this punishment.....how couldn't you.

Opponents of the death penalty often cite DNA evidence that exonerates convicts....thank you science. But IMO, that same science can prove guilt as much as innocence, and in those rare cases I support death as a judicial penalty.

7. fishhack2009

Now who's being dumb?

Better to get to the playoffs and fail than fail to get there at all.

8. I've got to head to bed, but I guess in closing, more than anything, I just find it a weird punishment. What's the punishment, really? Poof! And the lights go out. It's an odd thing for me to celebrate. Seems like the real punishment isn't death, but the maddening anticipation of it.

9. The problem is that, in theory, all of our convictions are based on a "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard. Are you advocating a two-tiered system for convictions? Ones that we're REALLY sure of, and ones we're just KIND OF sure of?

I'm not trying to call you out, just stressing that, theoretically, we're already supposed to be 100 percent sure.

10. fishhack2009

And therein lies the problem with the death penalty. How sure can we really be? Science is getting us closer to 100 percent. But we're not there yet.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

OK, this has to be stupidity as performance art. You know I mean that having the word "FAIL" next to every one of your posts is perfect.

12. fishhack2009

Oooh, more lame attempts at personal insults.

Yawn. I could respond, but I don't feel like rolling around in the slop with you.

Enjoy your night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.