1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Bud's, er, America's for you

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, May 10, 2016.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Treasonous!

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I wanted a jersey, but those were a state secret. Honest, the North Koreans didn't release the design or sell its marketing rights. Their Chinese advisers must've done a total face palm.

CD Boogie likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I have your back, Evil.

That shit is putrid, as I've noted somewhere around these here parts before.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I've got a book on the history of AB but it's been a while since I took it off the shelf. IIRC, In-Bev (spelling?) is, or was, actually owned by a couple of Brazilians.

However, what I remember most from the book is August Busch IV was a lunatic and his lack of business acumen was a major factor in the takeover.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

InBev was created from a merger of a Brazilian brewery and a Belgian brewery. AB InBev is publicly traded as was InBev before it.

Augustus IV has a history of leaving bodies in his wake. A passenger in a car he was driving was killed in an accident and a girlfriend died in his house.

Liut likes this.
  6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Those two deaths you mentioned, LTL, were well-covered in the book and interesting parts of IV's story. IIRC, Arizona authorities had a pretty good case but Auggie III just lawyered them to death. No surprise there. As I'm sure you are aware, the drama following the girlfriend's death was just bat-shit bizarre.

Wish I could remember the title and author of the book. It came out, oh, maybe three or four years ago. It ended with friends of IV speculating he wouldn't live much longer.

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry justgladtobehere. Don't know why I got you confused with LTL. Brain fart on my part.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I heard of IV's past from my sister who lives in St. Louis, so I don't really know that much about the girlfriend's death.

My father graduated college when one of the Busch's had his 25th or 50th reunion. Kegs of Bud everywhere.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I do like his ability to take credit for that. Most politicians would deny they had anything to do with it as a reflex.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You're assuming any of us has drunk one?

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted