1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Third Anniversary of the Bertuzzi mugging of Steve Moore

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Mar 8, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Nice column by Allan Maki in today's Globe. Steve Moore will likely never play hockey again.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070307.wsptmaki7/GSStory/GlobeSportsHockey/home

Moore, now 28, has recovered from his neck injury and facial cuts, but hasn't played hockey at any level since. He continues to experience the effects of postconcussion syndrome — the headaches and inability to focus or concentrate. Although his goal is to make it back to the NHL, he readily admits he is not physically where he needs to be.

"I couldn't do anything for a while, but I pushed and pushed over a period of time so I can train at a high level," he said. "But it's at the high levels that I have intense problems. . . . There are days when it's really frustrating and really disappointing, and [today] being March 8, that's when it hits me.

And the NHL still hasn't learned.

Draft saved Draft deleted