1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinning the high school herd

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, getting it down to a small number helps, though with basketball season starting it still sucks.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

F***ing high school football is our lifeblood. Let 'em play 'til next summer.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I have a different feeling than those in my office. I want them all eliminated, so we can be done with it.
    The guy that does our picks column, however, said yesterday, "If I had it my way, they'd all win state championships."
    That is the feeling of everyone else in the office.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yup, you always want one ... if they're scheduled to play at home in the upcoming round.

5. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

True. Although it seems like basketball ends earlier and the coaches are more prone to calling in their stuff less than a half hour after the game.

6. jps

jps Active Member

yes there is, my friend. zippo here.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Today's sermon: If you can't win it all, lose early.

8. jps

jps Active Member

we've got one fringe school left alive we're covering today, actually, but that's it. dont' really even need to cover the thing, but it's deep into the bracket and nothing else going on, so figured might as well.

9. did they bring back everybody who posted in this thread?

10. jps

jps Active Member

well, you tried. failed. but tried.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

We've still got four teams left in the state semis, including one of our big boys. And not only do we have basketball going full tilt at the same time, but we have soccer that runs concurrent w/hoops. No rest for us puppies.

12. jps

jps Active Member

and, fringe school has lost. so we're completely done now.

Draft saved Draft deleted