1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinking of starting a blog. Where to go?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mpcincal, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think there is someone on the site who started his own highly successful message board.

That might be the route to go.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Mostly text: wordpress.

Mostly images: tumblr.

3. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Seek. Therapy.

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I think this is right. Google bought it like in 2007, I believe.

Blogger, WP or Tumblr are your best bets.

5. Dick Whitman

First of all, take a joke. Jesus. Life isn't that serious. I try to keep a sense of humor about the "split" and our make believe land Internet "feud," but you seem to have some real, real anger about it. Frightening anger, in fact.

Also, I just want to get one thing straight, Mark:

I take it you would be perfectly fine with public outing of prior screen names on here? I take it that you consider that 100 percent in bounds? Because what's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

Bush league, man. Totally, totally bush league. I know you have an army of friends on here and the other place who'll migrate to this thread to start making "midwest values" and "plant" clips as a defense mechanism, but you know deep down that it's a rotten, unacceptable thing to do. You know it. And they know it.

Good day, sir.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You showed him!

7. Dick Whitman

I understand that "Mark" is beloved. I understand what I'm up against. But if you guys consider the act and not the people involved, and were honest with yourselves, I think you would admit that screen name outing is not fighting fair. It's not any more acceptable if he does it, because he is so well-liked, than if someone else did it.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I can't believe "Mark McGwire" would do something like that.

You must have him confused with someone else.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's a terrible thing, "Dick Whitman".

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Hmmm... I feel like saying Blogspot seems pretty good to me, but I've heard GREAT things about Wordpress, is almost off topic now.

11. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Wordpress is very powerful, but I guess that depends on how much you want to jump into the code.

Draft saved Draft deleted