1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinking of starting a blog. Where to go?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mpcincal, Jul 19, 2011.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'm looking to start a personal blog. Short-term it's because I'm going to be taking a trip up to the Seattle area with my Dad and sister and figured that would be a way to keep acquaintances up to date on how we're doing. After that, I just want an outlet to write about stuff and keep myself sharp in that area, since all I do at work is editing and page layout. I don't have a particular topic or emphasis in mind -- I figured that might emerge if I kept it up.

Things is, there's a lot of sites out there for this sort of thing (like blogs.com or wordpress, for example). I was wondering which sites some others out there may have used and which one work the best.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Blogspot works for me.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Isn't that being phased out?

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Is it? Crap.

5. JordanGarretson

JordanGarretson New Member

Can't beat WordPress. For a free host, it's pretty flexible and has a very intuitive interface. Some nice free themes, too.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

your mom's basement?

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

See if YGBFKM is taking on partners.

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I don't think so, I'm hearing that it's just being rebranded as Google Blogs. But I may not be completely in the know

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Do not steal my fu**ing blog name!

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Blogs are dead. or at least dying.

For the use you describe, the travel updates, I'd go with Twitter and a foto site to post your pictures.

11. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Wordpress +1

12. Simon

Simon Active Member

tumblr for easy stuff like this

Draft saved Draft deleted