1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinking about going to a midnight movie show, any advice?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, May 3, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm a big comic book geek from way back. I grew up on The Avengers. I'm thinking very hard about seeing the first showing at midnight in my neck of the woods. Any advice on how to prepare for such a showing? Do I need to camp out, that sort of thing?
  2. beanpole

beanpole Member

If tickets are on fandango, why camp out?
  3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Don't call it a movie show. What is this, 1920?
  4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Hopefully it's going to be a talkie.
  5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Make sure that you have your parents' permission.
  6. vicd

vicd Member

Keep your cell phone on and at it's brightest setting for the entire movie.
  7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You're going to want to conceal the lube. That's the first. Maybe don't bring such a big bottle. They make these pocket-size ones now. Not very economic, but great for slipping into a movie theater.

If they ask about the tissues, break down in tears. Say you hate when Captain America and Iron Man fight. You were a latch-key kid, and those comics raised you. Dad was never strong enough, at least not as strong as he would have been inside a powered armor suit with repulsor rays and an electromagnetic pulse generator. You need this movie because this movie defines you. There's crying in movies.

Now, the temptation would be to sit in the back corner. The temptation would be to wear a trench coat. Don't.

Sweatpants are ideal. Baggy, if you have them. Deep pockets. The goal is to expose yourself for only long enough to reach maximum pleasure. You're not trying to give a peep show to the other 73 comic-book geeks in the audience. Though that girl in aisle 6 with the thick-framed glasses and the thick-framed ass ...

No. Don't sit next to anyone with an inkling of self-confidence. Those people might call you out. You're in a comic-book movie's midnight show. There's no reason you can't find a small bundle of overgrown preteens. If they stare, let them watch. Eye contact is effective here. And it will only increase the pleasure.

Chew gum. Obnoxiously. Swivel your jaw with every chomp, like a great threshing machine through the wheat fields in Nebraska. Anything to pull attention away from your pulling tendon.

Start with the hand in the pocket, but don't be afraid to move inside the pants when you're ready and comfortable. Sweatpants, remember. Plenty of room to ... stretch.

The tissues? I'm not going to get that graphic. Figure it out for yourself. And avoid the woman in front of you. Her hair may be greasy, but she'd notice.
  8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ask your neighbor which one she wants to see.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think I've figured out who Freq was.
  10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

A local theater is having a special deal today for the "Avengers" premiere. $40 a ticket, theater sold out a week or so ago.
    11:30 a.m. -- "Ironman"
    2 p.m. -- "Hulk"
    4:20 p.m. -- "Ironman 2"
    7:10 p.m. -- "Thor 3D"
    9:25 p.m. -- "Captain America"
    12:01 a.m. -- "Avengers"
  11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That's pretty cool, especially since they're smart enough to give you a 2-hour break during The Hulk. :D
  12. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

What are the calling it, Adult Virgin Day?
Draft saved Draft deleted