1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Think you're cold? Check out England

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 7, 2010.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/?2010007-0107/GreatBritain.A2010007.1150.500m.jpg

Very cool. So to speak.

2. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

looks like the satellite images they made up for the mega-cold snap in Day After Tomorrow.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, which is that there's been an area of high pressure hanging around for about a month that's blocking the winds we normally get from the west (i.e., the Atlantic) and allowing them to be replaced by winds from the east and the north (i.e., the Arctic, where it will continue to be colder than the rest of the world even as the rest of the planet warms).

But your version is much simpler. Yes, it's cold in the wintertime, therefore climate change is a myth.

Oh, it was 97 degrees in Cape Town on Tuesday. The average summertime high is 77. Guess climate change must be real.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So one said climate change was a myth. I just thought England in white seen from space was cool-looking. Again, so to speak, chill.

But it is funny that most of the world is freezing its collective sac off.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's disastrous for Britain! Their beer's getting cold!

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Uh huh. OK. Sure.

Agreed, however. It does look cool. Though for some, the ground-level view wasn't as nice. This country's winter-weather coping skills make Atlanta look like Green Bay.

[​IMG]

7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted