1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Think twice before you order that next hot dog at Angel Stadium

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

UPDATE.... From today's SportsBusinessDaily.

Angel Stadium officials said that cleaning crews will work “late into the night to clean" the ballpark after a game "rather than wait until the following morning,” after an investigation found “significantly higher rates of vermin violations at the stadium than at other southern California stadiums,” according to Joshua Sudock of the ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER. The investigation found 118 “major and minor vermin violations” since ’05, while a study of Dodgers Stadium and Petco Park found a total of nine vermin violations “in about the same time period.” Food safety experts said that the violations “might be related to Angel Stadium’s practice of leaving discarded food out on the ground for 12 or more hours after a game before cleaning it up.” Anaheim city officials said that they “planned to add an emergency item about the stadium’s vermin problems to [today’s] meeting agenda to discuss the issue.” Angels VP/Communications Tim Mead said that the stadium has made “‘dramatic improvements’ in controlling vermin in recent months” (ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER, 8/7). Anaheim Mayor Curt Pringle noted that the team's lease "contains a clause requiring that the stadium be kept to a 'general quality standard' on par with" other MLB ballparks (L.A. TIMES, 8/7).

I can attest this story has -- and pardon the bad pun -- legs.

My son, three co-workers and the girlfriends of two of my co-workers were at the Angels-Red Sox game last night. We stopped beforehand at a Carl's Jr. across the street from Angels Stadium.

The line was almost out the door. The poor girl at the SINGLE register operating said they were completely blindsided by this; that it's not normally this crowded, even on game days.

Not surprising. Even with a sold-out game and the Red Sox in town, several people behind us in line all mentioned the word "rats."

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And here's his final one, from the hospital:

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Maybe Stoneman got confused and thought Arte told him to get a big rat instead of a big bat.

[/insidejoke for Angel fans]

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thanks IJAG. I got off of work early yesterday and intended to post some Marvin Zindler videos. Then I got sidetracked by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.

Draft saved Draft deleted