1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Think the IOC is sorry now it chose China?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Jun 8, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080608/ap_en_tv/oly_china_tv_coverage_curbs;_ylt=ArR60efB1pV1oTLJRA6XWfGs0NUE

China is smart - agree to everything until it's too late to do anything about moving the Games.
    Have a nice day, you free-thinking, democratic pigs.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

A repressive government acting repressive? Who would have thought?

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Meredith Vieria said she was supposed to be in Beijing on Wednesday and Thursday this week, but is having visa trouble.
    Wonder if this isn't a sign of things to come.

4. JakeandElwood

I was upset when they announced it would be in China, and I'm even more upset now. I hope those here who will be covering the Olympics have no problems and are able to do their jobs and move freely, but I'm not holding my breath.

5. bueller

bueller Member

:eek:

6. JakeandElwood

You have your own personal security guard to monitor your every move. Absolutely pathetic.

7. Good lord this was a stupid decision.

8. I hope this isn't a lethal body blow to the Olympics, but after all this, the IOC better not wag its finger at the U.S. about anything.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The IOC is the most corrupt, soulless, discredited athletic institution in existence today. If these guys are even the least surprised about any of this then they are even less self-aware of what happens in this world than your least favorite American politician.

10. JakeandElwood

Was the IOC around when Hitler got the Olympics? Because if it was this is the 2nd worst hosting decision, if not it's the worst.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The simplest thing to do is for these broadcasters to tell the IOC they stopped payment on the checks, and will rerun American Gladiator in August in prime time.

12. That's exactly what the broadcasters should do. How many of them would have the stones to do it?

Draft saved Draft deleted