1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Think before you send that e-mail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 13, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Crack heads try just as hard as sober mayors.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I seriously would like to reclaim my constitutional right to call Marion Barry a crackhead whenever I damn well please.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

MU is Ray Nagin

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Speaking from very personal experience, these are good words to live by.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Gotta agree with you, there.

Somewhere in a box I have a videotape of the whole Barry bust, as aired by one of the local stations. "Bitch set me up."

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Shortly after I posted my resume on Monster, I got an e-mail from a lady with a local American Express Financial Services office saying I would be a great fit for a position as financial adviser. Not only I had I posted that I was looking to move out of state, but there was nothing in my resume to suggest that I would, indeed, be a good fit as a financial adviser. So I sent her back a pretty sarcastic e-mail that ended with asking her to remove me from her e-mail list. She replied: "you have to remove yourself asshole." (That's a direct quote; I saved the e-mail.) So I looked up the phone number for her office, asked if she worked there and then had a nice chat with her boss.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You know, you would make a good financial advisor.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Back when I was SE of a small daily, I got an unsolicited email from some dickbag with a poker website who wanted me to run his "column." I replied with a somewhat sarcastic response that poker was not a sport, nor was any other activity that one could do while drunk, eating pizza and chain-smoking.

He responded that his glorious poker website would thrive and flourish without the benefit of my podunk sports section and its piss-ass circulation. I responded that (a) if my publication were so contemptible, he shouldn't have sent me an email and (b) that the newspaper he was mocking was over a century old and would be around long after his website had bit the dust. Never heard back. I kept it clean, so I wasn't worried about him forwarding our emails to my boss.

Flip, you should have called back a couple of weeks later to see if that idiot was still working there.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Fixed. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted