1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things you strongly dislike, but which most guys/girls like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You really think Irv and Phyllis are walking 10 blocks from Carmines to MSG after gorging on bread sticks at Olive Garden?

I'd like to think Irv and Phyllis caught the Uber bug after the kids showed 'em how hip and cool (and cheaper than taxis) the service is.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

When Irv sold the kids his shares in the company three years ago, they bought him a Cadillac XTS - but he's too nervous to drive it into Manhattan. And he still doesn't know how to use the Magnetic Ride Control.

Phyl won't use an Uber since that time in Washington DC with the grandkids when the driver stared at her in the rearview mirror.

X-Hack likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

But Phyl's attitude changed during an Uber ride in L.A. last October when the driver -- a Gen X'er with blue hair and lip rings, who wore AC/DC jammies and rocked out to A-Ha -- turned out to be a great conversationalist during a traffic jam on the 405 ... and the experience made Phyl feel at ease. Now she loves Uber.

[​IMG]

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Irv's still gonna make her take the train to see Billy Joel at MSG.

The Uber one way from Syosset is 92 bucks.

The LIRR is $14 each, peak.

This is why Irv is being treated for hypertension.

X-Hack likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Mahopac is Putnam County, up past Westchester.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Nah, Pressure is every bit as shitty as the rest of his catalog.

7. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

OK - now I’m laughing hard.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

God, I haven't thought of Irv and Phyllis since probably 1982. Jimmy the Greek, slightly less.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

James Corden

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think much of this is based on the Greatest Hits and what gets played on the radio or in public. NY State of Mind, Just the Way you Are etc. He has some other stuff that is excellent - And So it Goes, Summer Highland Falls, I've Loved These Days, Lullaby, Vienna, Miami 2017, The Entertainer, I Don't Want to Be Alone Anymore, All for Leyna - come to mind.

11. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

Music, whether it’s composed and played by diverse individuals or groups such as Billy Joel, the Guess Who, Stones, Loretta Lynn, BB King, Sinatra, Stevie W, Hank, Glenn Miller, CSN, Boston Pops, or any Symphony Orchestra you want to name exist to provide an essential service, that is to say piece of mind and the ability to transform your mind to another better space. If you dislike someone who can do that for millions of people then you better look in the mirror.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I’ve always liked Allentown, but the video sure as heck hasn’t aged well.

Draft saved Draft deleted