1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things you strongly dislike, but which most guys/girls like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, Sep 18, 2019.

  1. CD Boogie

    CD Boogie Well-Known Member

    Saw her two years ago at Citi Field, her backyard, with my then girlfriend. Half the crowd were little girls. So what'd she do? She came on at like 9:45 for an 8 o'clock show and by 10:30 most of the kids were either asleep or had gone home. Know your freaking audience.

    /still, a good show
    Songbird likes this.
  2. Slacker

    Slacker Well-Known Member

    You magnificent son of a bitch.
  3. qtlaw

    qtlaw Well-Known Member

    That’s the sweet spot for me. Win or lose a couple hundred over several hours, downing some adult beverages and enjoying life. You’ve got to pay for the lights and felt tables somehow. Losing big? No thanks. I’ve always know when to quit. Never won more than a few ks never lost more than $300.
    Tweener likes this.
  4. Slacker

    Slacker Well-Known Member

    This parody version is great, too.

    OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Tweener

    Tweener Well-Known Member

    I haven’t really kept track over the years. But my strategy for staying ahead of the house is to quit while I’m ahead and not get greedy. So, I’ll never know if I could’ve turned that $400 into $10,000, but it’s helped me to come out ahead almost every time.
  6. CD Boogie

    CD Boogie Well-Known Member

    Same. I go with $200. If I double it, I quit. If I lose it, I quit.
    Tweener likes this.
  7. Tweener

    Tweener Well-Known Member

    About the same for me. Sometimes I lose it, but it’s never a big loss. If I win big, I set aside about 75 percent of it and play with the remaining 25 percent until it’s either another big payout or it’s gone.
  8. typefitter

    typefitter Well-Known Member

    I was thinking more the canned-laughter type.
  9. Regan MacNeil

    Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

    Ah, that makes sense. You're not missing much.
  10. Mr. Sluggo

    Mr. Sluggo Active Member

  11. 2muchcoffeeman

    2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

    Peanut butter
    Bro country
    Light “beer”
  12. cyclingwriter2

    cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page